[Skimmertalk] Flex and Skimmer : Decoded bandwidth ?

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Aug 21 06:47:33 EDT 2013

Hi Andy - my understanding is that the 24-KHz bandwidth is set in
software by CW Skimmer.  I do not understand the technical rationale for
this, but Alex apparently feels it is necessary.  That puzzles me
because I just saw a Youtube video showing 192-KHz bandwidth running a
Funcube Dongle Pro+ from the IF output of a TS-830, and EA6VQ is using
one alone to cover 192 KHz of 6 meters for the RBN.

I know that VE2WU is (or was, I'm not sure) running a Skimmer/Flex
combination on the RBN, and he reports coverage of 14000-14090. You
might get in touch with him.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,