[Skimmertalk] Fwd: Decode range? Skimmer and PowerSDR ?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Apr 23 13:57:01 EDT 2013

You need to feed the I/Q "IF output" of the Flex radio to the VAC sound
card, not the "AF audio" output.  Did you select WDM or MME?

>From http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50357.aspx:

*VAC Installation*
Please refer to the KC article, How to Setup Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) 4.0x
with PowerSDR 1.x <http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50230.aspx>,
for instructions on how to configureVAC.

NOTE: For this configuration, select the Windows WDM-KS driver in the
PowerSDR VAC Cable setup described in step 6.

The text in blue is really important.  The linked article describes that as
an option, but you must select it, apparently.

Set the CW Skimmer Signal I/O to VAC 2 as shown in the first link.

Also, CW Skimmer needs to communicate to the PowerSDR to determine the true
HF frequency.  Is the frequency display on CW Skimmer correct?