[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer with Flex 1500 and virtual ports?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Apr 22 03:03:08 EDT 2013

CW Skimmer shouldn't use any COM ports, but once OmniRig is configured, it
may continue to use them.

To Disable use of COM ports by CW Skimmer:

   1. Click the *Settings* icon
   2. In the *Radio* tab, temporarily set Hardware Type to *3-kHz Radio*
   3. In the *CAT* tab, click the *Configure* button
   4. Set *Rig Type* for both RIG 1 and RIG 2 to *None*
   5. Click *OK*
   6. Click on the *Radio* tab and set Hardware Type as it was before
   7. Click *OK*

The COM port error message should go away.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please describe *exactly* which error
message you are seeing.