[Skimmertalk] Switching antenna quickly between RIG + Skimmer to RIG only (RX to TX)

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu May 31 03:34:41 PDT 2012

Hi Andy - Does your radio have RX antenna out and in jacks?  That plus a
splitter is the absolutely safest approach to using your main antennas
for skimming.  You could also use your radio's PTT out (used for
controlling your amp) to switch the input of your Ensemble SDR to ground
whenever you transmit, though I would be a little worried about timing
in that case, for fear of getting RF across the relay before it finished
switching.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000