[Skimmertalk] Active Antenna

Martin Rath martin.rath at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:52:23 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm considering the aquisition of an active antenna. From the benchmark I
made there are a few options out there :

- Clifton Laboratories Z1501 Active Antenna :
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/z1501_active_antenna.htm . I have
business with them before and it was a pleasant experience. I would
consider adding the Z10042A pre-amp.
- DX-Enginering
DXE-ARAH3-1PE<http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=2189&PLID=220&SecID=79&DeptID={95EA549F-3210-474F-84E0-5BE0B267BC4C}&PartNo=DXE%2DARAH3%2D1PE>
:
I have also done business with them in the past and it was also a pleasant
experience. I saw this is what the boys at PJ2T are using. They added the
pre-amp for Clifton Lab. I saw somewhere that they were not that happy with
the performance on low-bands.
- I also found the PA0RDT mini-whip but that seems more oriented towards
VLF 160/80/40 and 30m ...
http://www.radiopassioni.it/pdf/pa0rdt-Mini-Whip.PDF the price can't be
beaten ...

As of today most of the time it's an 15m moxon or a 15m dipole that is
attached to the QS1R. Performance on 15m is good, other bands and OK to bad

Any advise would be welcome.

Best 73's Martin 9V1RM