[Skimmertalk] Probhlem of mine with FTDX-5000 and CW Skimmer

k6eid at bellsouth.net k6eid at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 4 14:35:38 PDT 2012

I followed the N4ZR method. The QRG tracks the FTDX-5000D OK but when I
click the arrows in front of the QRG, CW Skimmer readout pops up 2 kc. for
each click. But the radio does not follow, the screen waterfall blanks and
it pops back to the original QRG and the waterfall starts again. Also when I
click on the yellow dot by a call, according to N4ZR, is supposed to go down
to the green arrow. It does for a second or so then pops back up to the
original position. I must have something screwed up in the CAT settings but
I'm using the same ones as I use for Logger 32 (see attached). Any idea as
to what is causing this?
Phil Finkle