[Skimmertalk] image rejection

Mark n2qt n2qt at verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 15:30:53 PDT 2012

Today my 6M Softrock skimmer starting spotting stations at their image
frequency.  I noticed the
I/Q balance had lost it's original smooth curve and now had a lot of
scattered results.  I cleared
the results and as learning re-occurred the images went away.

Images were occurring whenever the receive signal strength exceeded about 38
db snr.

I normally leave the learning mode enabled but now I think that might be a
mistake once a good
learning curve has been established.  (as mentioned the best way to get a
curve quickly is sweeping
a fairly loud signal generator across the band.)

Mark n2qt
(now back to listing all the 6 digit grids from various beacons in the bad
call list)