[Skimmertalk] large datafile handling

Paul_group paul_group at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 09:55:26 PST 2012

On 22/02/2012 16:42, Joe Hetrick wrote:
> What are people trying to do with these?  I'd think we could find a better solution with PERL or Python; manipulating that stuff in excel or access sounds painful.
>
> VKN

Hi Joe, for a quick look at the data Excell is quite convenient but your
right its not the right tool for the job.

I was looking at writing a couple of utilities to find broken calls and
produce some quality statistic - maybe also compare my skimmer to other
skimmers.

The biggest issue with my remote skimmer is I don't want to have to
trawl through the logs to be sure its not deteriorated. I regularly look
for a reduction in average SNR and/or a step in the distribution of SNR
v successful decodes to ensure the performance hasn't fallen off or a
local interferer has started. Thats time consuming and could be
automated using a suitable tool.

Regards Paul

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI