[Skimmertalk] Question about posting to the DXWatch RBN using 'agreggator'

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Dec 6 15:38:32 EST 2012

Andy, the correction in the Aggregator is for people using transverters
or similar devices, typically on 6 or 2 meters.  You may find that it's
not a good way to correct calibration, because many SDRs (I don't know
if the SDR-IQ is one) display progressively larger errors in frequency
unless you make the change in the SDR's clock frequency itself.  For
example, if you made that adjustment at 14 MHz, it could be too much on
40, 80 and 160, and too little on 15 and 10.  Better to follow the
instructions and make the change in the SDR-IQ itself.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.