[Skimmertalk] CPU for Skimmerserver

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Wed Dec 5 20:57:34 EST 2012

Let me try again. I hope this email keeps the formatting.

First, thank you all for all the answers.
 It seems that the i3 system I am looking at is quite good for the job. In
fact, even the Atom 330 I currently have at the remote station might work!
Thanks Bob, N6TV for the useful benchmark link.

Pete, for sure the skimmers will connect to the RBN. I am travelling to
Florianopolis in South Brazil (@ PP5EG - PT5T)this weeked to put the first one on.
I did some very limited tests from home during the CQWW weekend.
Again thanks for all inputs and help.
Here is the summary. I´ve included the CPU MAX TDP - Thermal Design
Power- as a hint to the energy consumption.  I am including the table in the body,
but in case it loses its formatting the excel file is also attached.

73 de Marcelo, PY1KN

            User
            CPU
            Benchmark