[Skimmertalk] using skimmer for 6M beacons

Mark n2qt n2qt at verizon.net
Tue Mar 8 11:17:22 PST 2011

E skip season is going to be starting up and I'm planning on running a 6M
skimmer.
Last season I noticed that the skimmer's call validation algorithm struggled
with
the call format (/B) and the reporting of grid squares, which also look like
possible
callsigns.

I think using a master.dta file with beacon callsigns and then running in
paranoid mode
would improve the performance, but before going to the trouble of trying
this, I wondered
if anyone else had already solved this problem.

Mark n2qt