[Skimmertalk] Skimmer and cluster node problems and changes

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Mon Jan 31 17:12:18 PST 2011

<rant>
Ok, I screwed up and didn't save the router settings to flash so the skimmer
port opened back up again when I rebooted the router.  It is gone for good
this time.  I did identify one of the bad connections, and causes for
others... EA5J-5 has been trying to connect for days and not getting a
connection, and he never will get a connection directly to a skimmer server
because he tries to login with the -5.

NOTE FOR EVERYONE, if you are trying to connect to a skimmer server directly
YOU CAN NOT USE ANY SSID!!!!!

Others guilty of this: SV4FBB-2

And for the user 'BYE' from 86.140.44.236 I say goodbye forever... Whoever
you are you pretty much killed that direct service for the rest of the
world.  Now that I have the router properly flashed you may only get my
skimmer spots from the reverse beacon network.
</rant>

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net