[Skimmertalk] Antennas for Skimmer radios?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Dec 23 22:23:58 PST 2011

Yes ... that is exactly what we want from CW Skimmers.   We want to know
who's on the air and whether they can be heard at a particular
location.  It's up to everyone else to try to work them.

Besides, you're talking apples and oranges.  A receive antenna works
well when it maximizes the signal/noise ratio at this end of the path.
A transmit antenna works well when it maximizes the signal/noise ratio
on the far end of the path.   Those are not at all the same things.

Dave   AB7E