[Skimmertalk] Antennas for Skimmer radios?

John Reilly reillyjf at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 12:31:11 PST 2011

I'm using a Pixel Magnetic Loop (RF Pro-1B) mounted at 10 ft; however,
it is surrounded by 25 ft houses!  I'm planning to move my loop up to 25
ft plus next Spring to see if getting it at or above the houses will
improve performance.  I also have a Clifton Labs vertical, but it
doesn't seem to perform as well as the mag loop.

I also studied the N6TV stats and asked K3LR what they were using --
vertical(s) (I assume they are active). I use a QS1R.
   - 73, John, N0TA