[Skimmertalk] Skimmers and no-ip.com

Dieter Seeliger dj8ds at gmx.de
Mon Nov 15 09:04:28 PST 2010

I`m using six dipoles, trimmed to each band, mounted as inverted V on one
central mast about 15m high.
The dipoles have an angle of 90? with a good 360? diagram.
They are asembled around the mast, the wires which are too long for this
short mast,
the 160/80m dipoles, where run on short 1m poles above the ground.
I dont feed a QS1R receiver, I use six receivers on three dualcore CPU, each
feeding one skimmer.
As the SDR I use do not have any frontend, overloading them during the
contest is no problem.
Skimmer decodes stations not more than 1-2 Kc away from our running
frequencies.
Nice toy !!!

The spots are fed to a local cluster-database and from there via telnet to
the N1MM bandmaps of our M/M station.

vy73 de Dieter, DJ8DS