[Skimmertalk] Calibration of QS1R for latest SkimServer software

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Mar 9 04:49:37 PST 2010

So was mine, but I think I understand why.  With the correction I
derived from the QS1R clock setting when using SDRMAXII and tuning to
WWV, I was setting my radio to (or near) zero offset.  Not surprisingly,
that dropped the signals down below the filter passband.  I just reset
things the old-fashioned way, by letting Skimmer Server spot stations
and then clicking on them in N1MM Logger.  Spots are now coming right
into the filter passband at the default frequency correction, so I'm
gonna leave it that way.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com