[Skimmertalk] K3 VHF Contest

JasonVC JasonVC at Verizon.net
Mon Jun 15 08:14:29 PDT 2009

This weekend I attempted to use the K3 to 'Skim' 6 meters.

The band map was backwards on Skimmer.  All HF bands were OK, where if
you tuned up in the band the signal would remain on the frequency.  Only
on 6m, the tuning was opposite where the signal would meet up in the
appropriate passband, but would go up in freq as you tuned down... etc...
Does this make any sense?

If it does make sense, did I miss something?  I tried reversing I/Q and
the actual sound card input cables left and right. level adjusts
clearing the I/Q data.

This was true on 2 different K3's and 2 Skimmer setups.
Using E-MU 0202 and E-MU 0404 with Softrock IF units.

Thanks!

Jay W1UJ