[Skimmertalk] Skimmer, Writelog, Rigsync and PowerSDR config inquiry

Joey Panganiban du1bp at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 03:47:17 EST 2009

Hello, can anyone help me configure Skimmer/Writelog/PowerSDR?
I’m a new user of CW Skimmer.  I'm successful in making it run and was able to
decode all incoming CW signals with my Flex-radio.
My PC is a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 6GB RAM,  Win XP pro.
I use a Flex-Radio SDR1000 running PowerSDR v 1.16.1,
Roland Edirol FA-66 sound card,
VAC 4.09,
com0com v2.2.0.0,
I have Rigsync and Omni-rig installed.  I can run Power SDR (com14) and Skimmer (com4) alone, but when I start Writelog (com4), or any logger (com4), they don’t communicate.  Obviously there is conflict on com4.
I would also like to ask what com pair assignments will best suit my configurations or any other programs I need to run them.
I will appreciate it so much if you can give me a step by step instruction so I can run at least my contest logger (PowerSDR v1.16.1/Writelog v10.70c/CWSkimmer 1.4).
73 & Thank you,

Joey DU1BP
du1bp at yahoo.com