[Skimmertalk] can such a feature be added to CWS?

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Tue Jan 13 07:52:27 EST 2009

I use CWS with the Flex PWSDR.

I also jump back and forth between cw and digital modes.
Consequently, if I'm in cw mode, viewing cw signals on say 40 cw and then
switch the PWSDR band switch to 40 digital, CWSkimmer continues to run.

In this case CWS shows a constant bar across the waterfall for a psk signal
and a slightly different bar for a rtty signal.
You can readily see this in the 40 meter 7030<>7050 section where cw and
digital co-exist.

Well as my digital program is trying to decode, and CWS is running, it
pushed the CPU use up, a lot.

So is it possible to have a 'hook' in CWS that puts CWS in standby if the
radio is any mode other than CW? I would assume that many would want this
feature to be optional?

as always

pse es tu