[Skimmertalk] Blind Skimmer Option for Unassisted Categories

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:37:48 EDT 2008

K8DO:

>I would consider anything that shows you the exact frequency of each signal on the entire band to be a form of assistance..  The fact that it is or is not decoding the calls is not relevant - because you can point and shoot your way to each exact signal, covering the entire band in a minute or two as opposed to tuning the radio, or a second radio, by ear and figuring out where each station is....

Nonsense.  You would need to eliminate scores by every Kenwood rig
with panadaptor, Yaesu rig with panadaptor, IC-781, IC-756Pro,
IC-7800, Orion I & II over the past 30 years.  Bandscopes or waterfall
displays are not decoders, which is the assistance issue with Skimmer.
 The entire point of the Skimmer discussion was entirely about machine
decoding of CW.

73,  Bill