[Skimmertalk] Archive?

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Sun Jun 29 22:09:14 EDT 2008

> I do hope that if such a ruling is made (and I suspect it will be)
> that they are very specific as to what is disallowed in the non-
> assisted class. Derivatives of the Skimmer software which do not
> actually provide a bandmap-like display could be extremely
> interesting and useful.

If they do, I hope they use some clear lines of that is permitted -
e.g., CW decoders, only one receiver (no duplex receivers), or
no "bandmaps" of any kind.  If they fail to provide a rule that is
not based on hardware and is instead based on particular piece of
software or a particular hardware implementation, the rule would
be the equivalent of saying "no <pick your favorite group> allowed."