[Skimmertalk] Archive?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 29 20:53:03 EDT 2008

K1AR:
 >A great deal of the posts regarding skimmer on CQ-Contest were generated by
people trying to draw attention to themselves. The evidence is that their
passion miraculously stopped once we provided a focused medium,
albeit smaller,
to discuss the topic with those having a common interest.

         I believe passion might be dropping for other
reasons, most notably the various rumors that CQ WW will
rule in July that use of Skimmer will place operators in
Assisted categories (also 2 independent contesting.com polls
which indicate a >2:1 preference for placing Skimmer in
Assisted categories).  Personally speaking, these events
have removed most of my passion on the subject.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV