[Skimmertalk] Archive?

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 12:39:50 EDT 2008

>> Just as an experiment, go to some fishing contest refector
>> and say it is all about how many fish you catch and see if
>> you get about the same response there as you do here when you
>> propose that the rules should allow a drag net to be used in
>> a bass fishing competition.  Rod and reel...
>
> The contests - e.g. a "fly fishing contest" specify the purpose
> in their name.  There is nothing in a CW contest that says CW by
> ear only.  CW is a modulation method - nothing more.  It can be
> demodulated by many methods from iron filings to software and
> all demodulation methods are equally valid ways to "work" a
> station.

I think I said a Bass Fishing Competition.

The purpose is to catch Bass.

Try telling them that since it does not say Rod and Reel in the name
that you want to enter using a drag net.  I fully expect you will now
quote
something from the game and fish commission saying it is illegal to use
drag net.

Stan, K5GO