[Skimmertalk] Archive?

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Tue Jul 1 01:32:22 EDT 2008

> To expand on that thought, while FCC doesn't require Morse
> skills to obtain a license, there are two band segments where
> Morse is the only mode that FCC allows you to use.

And neither the FCC nor any other "organization" prohibits you
from using CW decoders on those bands.  The FCC only restricts
the modulation method used there.

> but that does not in any manner prevent a contest sponsor from
> defining a category that requires me to do so.  <=

If you want to split hairs, under ADA any US based sponsor could
probably not get a way with a category that prohibited CW Decoders
because it denied access to the handicapped and violates the
requirement of "reasonable accommodation."  While that is not
presently an issue, the principle has some validity.