[Skimmertalk] SNR Measurements

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Dec 11 09:15:35 EST 2008

Wow, Rick - those are startling.  I run my SDR-IQ on my main arrays all the
time here, and I share your impression that signals rarely exceed 50 dB
SNR, even on the low bands.  I know your antennas are good, but I would not
expect 100 dB differences.  I wonder if perhaps the SDR-IQ was clipping,
and that caused some of these incredible numbers - I'm copying Alex in the
hope that he may have some ideas.

73, Pete