Re: [TenTec] 219 filter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 219 filter
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:11:51 -0500
Here's one thing that you may want to do.  For 160M and 75M and sometimes
40M operation, reduce the RF gain to the point where the no signal condition
{thus background noise/atmospheric noise} has the S-meter at about S-1 or
between S-1 & S-2.  Keeping the RF gain down will improve S/N ratio.  Also
running the AGC in the FAST mode helps.

73
Bob, K4TAX