Yaesu

[Yaesu] Re: Yaesu Digest, Vol 14, Issue 18

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: Yaesu Digest, Vol 14, Issue 18
From: "Dave Maley" <dgmaley@inav.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:19:26 -0600
Good morning from Iowa;
Just been working on my FT-1000D second receiver.  Ended up replacing the
factory CW filter with the Inrad kit.  Made a big difference.  Went through
part of the receiver
alignment in the service manual.  Started wondering why Yaesu would have you
go through
an S meter alignment for a receiver that doesn't have one.  Started tracing
the wiring on
the second receiver's S meter circuit.  It appears that Yaesu originally
intended to have the
meter switchable between the two receivers, but never completed it.  The
switching
is done through J2009 on the I.F. board.
Wonder if anyone has looked into this?
Dave
WA0ZZG
AR