Yaesu

[Yaesu] Quadra on Government Frequencies

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Quadra on Government Frequencies
From: Jan.A.Tarsala@jpl.nasa.gov (Jan Tarsala)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:15:30 -0700
--============_-1214309564==_ma============

Two weeks ago, I sent the following enquiry to Vertex Standard
Corporation.  I have yet to receive an acknowledgement or a
reply.  Perhaps someone on this list can answer my questions:

Gentlemen:

The Yaesu VL-1000/VP-1000 Quadra System is under consideration for an
application on U. S. Government HF allocations.  We have the
following two questions, each of which has subsections.  We
acknowledge that prior to your response, there may be a delay while
our enquiry is forwarded to the design engineers at your parent
company in Japan for their assessment.

I)  Will the Yaesu VL-1000/VP-1000 Quadra System operate on
frequencies outside the HF Amateur Radio Service bands?

a)  If not, what circuitry or software restricts its operation to the
HF Amateur Radio Service bands?

b)  If the Yaesu VL-1000/VP-1000 Quadra System will operate on
frequencies outside the HF Amateur Radio Service bands, what
performance or specification changes should the user expect?
Furthermore, are hardware, software, or procedural modifications
necessary to enable operation on U. S. Government HF frequencies?

II)  What is the response of Vertex Standard Company regarding (a)
providing product support for, and (b) the continuing availability
of, the Yaesu VL-1000/VP-1000 Quadra System now that Motorola
Incorporated has discontinued the MRF150 transistor used within the
Quadra System?

Thank you for your consideration.

Jan A. Tarsala
Spacecraft Telecommunication Equipment Section
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
--============_-1214309564==_ma============

 --></style><title>Quadra on Government
Standard</div>
a</div>
questions:</div>
for an application on U. S. Government HF allocations.&nbsp; We have
the following two questions, each of which has subsections.&nbsp; We
acknowledge that prior to your response, there may be a delay while
our enquiry is forwarded to the design engineers at your parent
company in Japan for their assessment.</div>
frequencies outside the HF Amateur Radio Service bands?</div>
operation to the HF Amateur Radio Service bands?</blockquote>
operate on frequencies outside the HF Amateur Radio Service bands,
what performance or specification changes should the user
expect?&nbsp; Furthermore, are hardware, software, or procedural
modifications necessary to enable operation on U. S. Government HF
frequencies?</blockquote>
regarding (a) providing product support for, and (b) the continuing
availability of, the Yaesu VL-1000/VP-1000 Quadra System now that
Motorola Incorporated has discontinued the MRF150 transistor used
within the Quadra System?</div>