Yaesu

[Yaesu] 847 CAT - Cloning info

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 847 CAT - Cloning info
From: mitch@gps.andor.net (J.T. Mitchell (Mitch))
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 23:28:05 +0100
I have captured the data which is sent from one FT 847 to the other in
cloning mode.
Note the manual  ( at least mine is NOT correct .. the RCV CLN is menu
number 96 NOT 97 and the SEND CLN menu number is 95 NOT 96 as stated in the
manual )

I was able to capture the data with a simple terminal program and save it
to a file then send the file to a different radio and the clone was complete.

The intent is to have several different memory profiles that can be loaded
at ease.  I intend to write a simple program ( freeware ) to do this.  Or
is there a program that already will allow saving to a memory location into
the radio.  Most programs that I have seen only allow for control with a
computer connected.

Does anyone know the format of the cloning data?

Tnx to all
Mitch
VE6JTM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada