Yaesu

[Yaesu] Re: FT-1000

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: FT-1000
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:02:56 +0000
SM2EKM commented on Dave's question on front panel disassembly:

      Wow are they ever slow! I just removed the S-meter and
      put it back again and the whole operation took less then
      an hour.
      I havent removed this display glass but it sure doesnt look
      difficult at all. I´m sure your friend can do it, it´s just a
matter
      of taking it easy being careful and using the brain a bit.

While my experience is with the MP, I'm sure the 1000 is pretty similar.
This weekend I had to replace the backlight tube within the display module
on one, as it kept killing the power supply which feeds it.  It took me
about an hour & a half, but then I was also operating the JIDX CW contest
with two radios at the same time & even then, that amount of time included
taking it all apart again as I'd managed to leave one screw out.

Six hours?  It didn't even take me that long to strip the front panel to
bits on another MP to replace the RIT encoder & put it back together again!

73, VR2BrettGraham