Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT1000MP Receiving Antenna

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Receiving Antenna
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 07:28:18 -0600
Hey guys,

I just want to reiterate what Ken said, John.  It is IMPERATIVE that you
protect the front end of your radio when using the aux recieve input.  I
think it is safe to say that you have been fortunate to his point not to
have done any damage.  Believe me,it can happen...as my friend Jeff, W0XV,
found out when useing the aux input to his brand new IC775.  His transmit
antenna was about 30 feet from the "recieve" antenna, and he turned on his
amp...Boom!, no more reciever.  Cost him a bundle in time and dollars.

I also have the Front End Saver box from C&S.  It's an easy kit to build or
you can buy the ready-to-go variety.  It's the most inexpensive insurance
you'll ever  buy.  It also serves to key the amp after grounding the
recieve antenna plugged into the aux jack.  I use it religiously with my
FT1000D.

Good Luck.  Trust us on this one.

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN