Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000D Intermod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Intermod
From: james119@iu.net (James M.)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 16:48:07 -0800
I've discovered something about my so-called "intermod"... One "spur" I
get about 9.4 khz above a strong (S9+30) AM broadcast signal (when on
LSB) seemed to be audible on both sides of the null point, i.e seemed
like I was getting a beat note as I tuned on either side of its freq.  I
then discovered that I could also change the frequency or beat note of
this "spur" by adjusting either the SHIFT or WIDTH control.  Its beat
note would change in about 100 hz steps with the detents on the shift or
width controls.  This spur is apparently some mixing between the strong
signal and the shift/width frequency control inside the radio!!!!  This
only happened when using 2.0 or 2.4 khz filters.  Couldn't hear it using
250 or 500 hz filters.   Any ideas guys?

Jim N4BE