Yaesu

Mil Spec ratings

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Mil Spec ratings
From: njc@warwick.net (Nick J Chiarchiaro, AET / N2QXF)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 17:49:04 +0000
Hi name is Nick.

I have some Yaesu equip an like it very much.

I am curious though abt ther Mil Spec ratings.

They say, for instance that some of there equip is
MIL SPEC 810 rated.  BUT, is it C, D, or just flat
810?

To mee this is a big difference.  Straight 810 is just
shock and vibration but C D E takes into account dust,
moisture, salt fog etc.

Any input would be appreciated.

73.

The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect
the opinions or policy of my employer AFA Protective Systems, Inc
or its subsidiaries.

Thought for the day:
    Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
    that they are right, whether they are or not.

Sent by:

Regards, Nick J Chiarchiaro, AET #84840
         (212-279-5000 ext 317)

73 de Nick, N2QXF

Ham related mail addresses NON-BUSINESS ONLY:

   AMPRnet SMTP BBS:  n2qxf@bbs.k2bjg.ampr.org
AMPRnet Direct SMTP:  n2qxf@n2qxf.ampr.org    44.64.4.20
          AX25 PBBS:  n2qxf@k2bjg

CYA l8r  :-)