Yaesu

1000 MP POwer

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: 1000 MP POwer
From: wa8msf@ix4.ix.netcom.com (Michael Valentine)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 14:46:10 -0400
William P. Osborne wrote:

> Along the same line as the higher output power of the 1000Mp, are
> people still having trouble setting the output power low enough to
> use the Alpha 3CX800 amplifiers with the MP?
>
> William P. Osborne, Dean
> Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
> PO Box 830688  EC32
> Richardson, TX 75083-0688
> 214-883-6888
> wosborne@utdallas.edu

Greetings!  I have a multi-3CX800 amp that is easy to over-drive
with full power output from my 1000MP.  The power-out control seems
to work just fine on CW and non-processed SSB.  The rub comes when
I turn on the speech processor.  Then it goes to full power and
no amount of readjusting makes it work out.

Reading posts from rec.radio.amateur.equipment makes me think that
many others have experienced the problem.  Does anybody know the
"official" Yaesu position on this?

Mike - wa8msf@ix.netcom.com