Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 246, Issue 4

To: k3sk@buckwalter.co
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 246, Issue 4
From: Jim Rhodes <jimk0xu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:31:30 -0500
Well Wayne got his fingers burned for writing DigiRite in the first place.
What we need is for someone with a whole lot more programming experience
and knowledge than most of us have to step up and do an open source version
of a multifunction version of DigiRite.  I believe the source code for
DigiRite is available for such a project.

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 10:24 PM <k3sk@buckwalter.co> wrote:

> Digirite is NOT an option for WSJT-X.   Not only is it very difficult to
> use, It does not do any of the other modes used for VHF-UHF contesting and
> have very crude display setting/options.   The only advantage of Digirite
> over WSJT-X  using UPD broadcast is the dupe checking before working
> function.
>
> I've been a serious diehard user and supporter of Writelog for many many
> years, but I am finding it falling behind in being able to be used reliably
> with the newer digital modes.    For me the biggest advantage of Writelog
> over any other logging/contesting package is the ability to direct connect
> 4
> rigs at once.   For multi-band VHF contesting this is a HUGE plus.   But it
> has also become a disadvantage because it is only limited to 2 Omni-rig
> connections and is not compatible with Omni-Rig 2, that now does 4 radios.
> WSJT-X needs to talk to the radios, as does Writelog.  Omni-rig keeps
> Writelog viable for me, but the 2 Omni-rig connection limit was an
> operating
> burden this past contest.    I hope it gets resolved, otherwise I need to
> rethink my future conrtest logging options.
>
> de K3SK

Jim K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net