[WriteLog] Updated Needed

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Updated Needed
From: <k3sk@buckwalter.co>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 10:48:27 -0400
How do you go about submitting to have an update made to Writelog?

I've been using Writelog for more years that I can count.  I use it almost
exclusively for VHF contesting.   I like many other VHF contesters use
multiple rigs (sometimes up to 4 of them) and this is what makes Writelog
the contesting program of choice, the ability to connect multiple rigs, each
with their own entry window.

A larger and growing percentage of VHF contest contacts are now digital,
including modes other than FT8.  DigiRite, due to its limited modes is not a
viable solution and instead, I use WSJT-X.    WSJT-X, requires rig control
via COM port, as does Writelog, and to do this I use OmniRig as my
connection for port sharing.   This works well, except Writelog currently
only handles two (2) OmniRig connections.   Can Writelog be upgraded to use
four (4) OmniRig connections, as provided with OmniRig 2.0?   An
alternative, but less preferred would be an interface similar to what is
used with Ham Radio Deluxe.

de K3SK
Dave Buckwalter
FM07 - Farmville VA