Re: [WriteLog] Getting spots in bandmap right in AFSK

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Getting spots in bandmap right in AFSK
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 17:07:42 -0400

RTTY spots are *MARK* frequency - neither USB nor LSB.

If you are using AFSK with "LSB if RTTY" *READ THE MANUAL*

See "COMn_DIGITAL_OFFSET_HZ" in [RIGS]

In some station setups for digital modes only, the rig reports TX/RX
frequencies offset from the center frequency of the on-the-air
transmission. (This is particularly likely in an AFSK setup.) The two
INI entries below cause WriteLog to offset the TX/RX frequencies it
uses compared to what the rig uses. With a second rig set to CW and
listening to your digital mode transmitted signal, its received
frequency is the on-the-air transmitted frequency. Note your
transmitting rig's frequency and subtract it from the on-the-air
frequency. This result, including any negative sign, becomes the
COM_n_DIGITAL_OFFSET_HZ. WriteLog only applies these offsets if the
rig reports a digital mode, or if the LsbIsFsk is option is set and
the rig is in LSB mode. The n value corresponds to the COM port
number that is used to connect to the rig.

Typically for high tones in LSB, COMn_DIGITAL_OFFSET_HZ= -2125

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV