Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone (now Hardware generated FSKwithmicroKEYER)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone (now Hardware generated FSKwithmicroKEYER)
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 20:40:27 -0400

On 4/1/2013 8:05 PM, Gary AL9A wrote:
The two MMTTY control screens did not come back side by side as when
they were closed, but one on top of the other.

Each version of MMTTY (using XMMT.ocx) must be in a separate directory.
*DO NOT* use the old plug-in if you are going to have multiple MMTTY
windows because of the ports issue - XMMT.ocx sets ports from MMTTY.ini
if you set PORT="NONE" in RTTYrite but the old plug-in sets the port
based as selected in RTTYrite and *can not use Ports > COM8*

The MMTTY tuning display size/position is loaded from MMTTY.ini whilst
the size/position of RTTYrite is loaded from Writelog.ini.

Not a big deal, but the main problem is now when I try to transmit a
macro I only get a solid tone, no diddles.

Have you selected a PORT > COM8 with the old plug-in?

After a bit of checking it appears that after the main RttyRite
window loads the Port in MMTTY gets switched to None by the loading
of the MMTTY settings clone window .  When I switch it back to Com 8
it works as before.

This sounds like an issue of using the old plug-in.  Forget it and use
XMMT.ocx for MMTTY.  It is cleaner, more reliable and provides more
options.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV