Re: [WriteLog] PK900 again...

To: KR4DA <kr4da@bellsouth.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PK900 again...
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 00:49:25 +0000
Try this
PK-232 INTERFACING
If WriteLog will
not communicate with your PK-232, it may be necessary to do the
editing described below.
Using NotePad edit C:\Windows\writelog.ini  as follows:
In the file, go to the section labeled [Ports].
Look at the line for the Com port you intend to use.  It will look like
this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
Check to be sure all parameters are correct, then Delete the final x
(but not
the comma).  It should look like this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,
Click on File, Save.  Then open WriteLog; this should allow
your PK-232 to communicate with WriteLog.

Also there is a undocumented commant to see the mode on the PK-232 and
maybe should work with the PK-900.

Look below.  The command TncInit1 with set the mode of the TNC to any
mode you want.  The default in Writelog is RTTY.  In the example below,
The TncInit1=MO  sets the PK-232 to Morsecode instead of rtty on
startup.  The 2nd command TncInit2=  Is any other command you might want
on startup.  I did not need anything else but the MO(orse) command so I
commented out the 2nd command with the ";".

I think most of your problem will be solve with the comport modification
as above.  I think I was probably the only one that every used the
TncInit command.

Rttyrite]
FontHeight=23
Port=2
Speed=0
diddle=1
Type=15
TncInit1=MO
;TncInit2=

Joe K0BX

--
Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)