Re: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files
From: "Tony Casciato, AI9X" <ai9x@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:24:33 -0500
What I have done is to use the MONITOR feature and feed receiver audio
to the sound card for recording. Basically tune to a spot where you can
use your dummy load, turn the squelch up to quiet the receiver and key
down after doing the WriteLog recording sequence (sorry I can't remember
off-hand). That way, you use the same audio that would be presented to
the end user (you can tell I'm in my work mode).

It may take a bit of level adjusting within Windows, but works well. I
have the Heil ProSet IC (original one - not dual element) with a 751A
and PC Soundblaster card.

73,
Tony