[WriteLog] Parallel Port CW

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Parallel Port CW
From: Rip Smith K3XO <k3xo@dx.k3xo.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:02:47 -0500
I have reached the end of my resources in trying to get Writelog to key my radio through the parallel port.

I've had no problem getting parallel port keying to work with DXBase and the N3FJP software, and I am able to control the Icom 746 with Writelog and the other programs over the serial port.

I downloaded the file dlportio.zip, and followed the procedure outlined for it.

I extracted it and copied the files dlportio.sys and dlportio.dll to the \install folder, and then ran the install.exe program.

All seemed to go OK and I rebooted.

Then, I opened the writelog.ini file to edit it as described in the documentation. There was no LPTX= line so I added one and made it "LPTX=0378" which is the starting address for my printer port #1. I also added the line "CW_ON_PIN1=1" as described in the instructions.

After all of that, when I go back into Writelog, I still do not have access to the printer port in the port setup screen.

What have I missed?

Rip K3XO