Re: [WriteLog] Trimming Audio Files & Spacers

To: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Trimming Audio Files & Spacers
From: Alfred J.Frugoli (KE1FO) <afrugoli@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 0:39:44 +0000
I personally use Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) which is free and
was reviewed in a recent NCJ or possibly QST/CQ.

I too have found that you can cut stuff from the middle of recordings, but
you've got to be careful that all your recordings end up with a similar pace
and tone.  For a while there I had a pretty ramped up CQ message and exchange
wave files and then some very low key letters/numbers that made the automation
sound that much tackier!

Good luck to all in Phone SS.

73 de Al, KE1FO (in the "not so rare anymore" VT section)