Re: [WriteLog] COM1 for CW & FSK

To: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>,"WriteLog Reflector" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] COM1 for CW & FSK
From: "Jon Harder" <jon@praxisworks.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:51:38 -0000
Jim, I've recently gone through this myself while setting up a RigBlaster
Pro to handle SSB and PSK audio I/O, as well as doing CW and FSK on one com
port.  FSK keys via TxD as usual, and CW is on DTR.  PTT is either via rig
control, or none at all for CW QSK. This all works fine under some other
software, but sadly not with WL, my favorite!   I get the same symptoms you
describe.

What I've found is that when a ComPort is designated for CW in "Setup
Ports,"  it is no longer available for WL/MMTTY to use in FSK.  That's where
the error message is coming from.  Since I mainly operate FSK under WL
anyway, I've chosen one of my spare serial ports available in the "CommSlot"
group as a place to park the "CW"  button when I want to run MMTTY in WL.
And that's 95%  the case, so I just leave it there.  Then if setting up for
a CW contest, I just move the CW button back to the port to be
"semi-shared."    That way no cables have to be changed.

Saw your earlier post and just woke up to the situation you described!  Hope
this note may help.  GL and 73,

Jon         K1US