[WriteLog] VHF/UHF direction & distance

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] VHF/UHF direction & distance
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sat Feb 1 22:18:11 2003
> if you enter a 6-character grid square
> in the callsign field, you can get a bearing and
> distance calculation.

...stuff deleted

> How do we submit suggestions / requests?

This request is already on my list. I expect to get to it, but I can't make
any promises about when.

But what was on my list was a bit different than described here. The request
before was not to calculate based on a the grid square in the CALL field,
but based on an entry in the GRID field, so it would be restricted to those
contests that exchange grid squares. Which is preferable? It seems to me
that the advantage of calculating from the GRID field is thats the place
where you have to enter it anyway. The disadvantage is it would only be
available in grid square contests. Which is preferable?

Wayne, W5XD