[WriteLog] WL with KAM XL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL with KAM XL
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:25:36 -0400
> modified PK232 to see how good it is. I already know that my modified 232,
> which is superior to a stock 232,

What kind of RTTY MODS are there for the PK-232 and where might I find them?

> You say your KAM "actually keys true FSK," but that is not correct. The
KAM,
> and all other "FSK" sources, provide logic-level outputs that do not
> directly manipulate the frequency generator in your radio, but which
select
> dividers in the radio that provide tones to modulate your SSB transmitter
> downstream from your microphone preamps. IOW, you are merely generating
AFSK

I don't know about the KAM, but the PK-232 provides a discrete output for
FSK.  When used with a TT OMNI-VI+, this voltage is applied to the VFO and a
varactor diode shifts the VFO frequency, providing true FSK.

Jim