[WriteLog] WriteLog Scoring Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog Scoring Problem
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:55:37 -0500
OK guys and gals, this is not a biggie but it is a problem.
It's probably not limited to just SARTG, but that's where
I found it - after this weekend's SARTG RTTY contest.

I ran my ASCII generated file from WriteLog into WT4I's
Cabrillo Converter, then into Cabrillo Tools and noticed that
multipliers were off by two.  The QSO's were the same and
the points were the same so I didn't have any bad QSO's not
getting credit.  WriteLog had me at 166 mults.  Cabrillo
Tools had me at 164 mults.  I didn't know why.

One by one I compared my WriteLog log with my Cabrillo
log and found that WriteLog scored 7L4IOU in JA4 call area,
when in fact, he is in JA1 area.  Cabrillo Tools knew it was a JA1
area callsign.  Since I worked 7L4IOU twice (on 15 and 20M)
and no JA4 area stations, my multiplier count was off by two.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/