[WriteLog] SO2R CW Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R CW Question
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:57:00 -0600
> Two radio support is available in two ways in Writelog.
> 1) Use an LPT port, your choice which one, and get CW, PTT and A/B from it.
>     The A/B signal can be used to "steer" ( via relay or whatever) the CW
> and PTT.
> 2) Use the W5XD+ keyer, which provides not only the outboard keyer features,
> but
>     also two PTT, two CW, two band data and in addition, headphone steering.

Don't be fooled by the W5XD+ keyer and PTT.  I love to
run the radio without CW VOX.  That's the reason for PTT,
right?  Fast T/R turnaround without dropping out between
words/characters or the need for a QSK amplifier.
The PTT works great for this.

But if you want to send something with the paddles,
forget it.  The PTT does NOT work.  You have to hit the
VOX switch on the radio and then send your message.

So the built-in keyer and PTT are, in a sense,
mutually exclusive.  :-(

Chad WE9V