[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night is TONIGHT!!!

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night is TONIGHT!!!
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 15:13:15 -0500
Sorry but my antennas are all iced up and have high VSWR. There is no way I can get on as a result. We got a lot of wet snow after rain and freezing rain so the snow stuck to the iced up elements. Not a whole lot of damaging ice, but, with the snow, it has really messed things up. Today stayed below freezing and no Sun. The snow is stuck to everything. Wednesday promises to get slightly above freezing and partial sun so I might get lucky the following day. Thursday promises more snow and or rain but warmer temps.

Have fun tonight without me. check ON4KST chat page and get on after dinner at 00:00 UT or 7 pm on the East Coast. 222.100 CW SSB or FT8 on 222.174.  Good luck and post your results.

73

Dave K1WHS