[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night results

To: "'Packrats Reflector'" <packrats@mailman.qth.net>, "'222Activity'" <222activity@groups.io>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night results
From: "Allen Oldfield" <aoldfiel@stny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 11:38:00 -0500
I was on way too briefly last night as I had a malfunction with my headset
which I needed to address.

Here are my results for last night:

Mode

Time

Call

Dist (mi)

222

CW

0120

K1PXE

CW

0110

K1FMS

USB

0053

K1WHS

USB

0048

K1RZ

USB

0031

WA3NUF

USB

0014

W1GHZ

USB

0001

WZ1V

232

Bill - K1DY and I tried but were not successful, in spite of my 1KW output.

Dave - K1WHS had a "killer" signal into this valley location I live in, last
night.

Paul - W1GHZ on SSB was a surprise!  I'm always pleased to work Paul and anyone
else in his direction.  There is an elementary school a block away and my beam
is at the same elevation as that school.  If that weren't enough of an
impediment, there's a hill across the street from the school.

Fred - K1FMS.  There was something going on between us last night.  My beam
heading for Fred is just South of what I use for Paul and just North of what I
use for Ron - WZ1V.  In spite of easily working both Paul and Ron on SSB, Fred
and I had to resort to CW for the contact and even at that was tough.

Pete - K1PXE.  Pete "tail ended" Fred.  Pete had a nice CW signal in here.

73,

Al - W9KXI

FN12ne