Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] Hold onto your hats! It's 222 Night

To: Charlie Betz <cmbetz@charter.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] Hold onto your hats! It's 222 Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 16:31:50 -0500

Hello Charlie and Matthew

Gee I was not thinking about EME this evening, but the Moon is positioned so that some contacts can be made across the US tonight. I will be busy with local tropo stuff until about 02:30 or so, but then I can turn the yagis skyward and look for stations via the lunar route.  I tried doing both a few times, and it sure got me confused. I would end up transmitting on the horizon antenna while thinking I was aimed at the Moon.  I guess I am easily confused if I have to deal with several buttons!  I will monitor HB9Q as well and hope the activity stays past 02:30 or so. I can follow the Moon up to about 0400 Ut when it gets above 60 degrees here. My upper limit is about 63 degrees so I have to be careful and not snag elements on the guy wires!!

KC7OOY worked K5QE and me over the weekend and signals were pretty good once Matt got the settings correct with WSJT-X.  Once he did, he worked us both in rapid order.  I am sure he is raring to work some more from the West coast.

73

Dave K1WHS